July 10, 2018
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file that your browser places on your computer or mobile device. The next time you visit the same website, cookies ensure that your device is recognized. They are used for several different reasons, such as:
- Remembering your preferences
- Providing you with content tailored to your interests
- Assessing how a website is used to improve the overall user experience
- Storing your password for your convenience
We place some of the cookies on the website ourselves, while other cookies are placed by third parties. Third party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such as our business partners or service providers and may collect data outside our website as well. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
You give your consent for cookies to be placed and read out on our website and associated sub-domains by continuing to use the website.
The different types of cookies
Cookies can be categorized by the role they fulfill on our website:
- Functional cookies are essential in order to enable you to use and move around our website and to ensure that our website functions properly.
- Analytical cookies are used to collect information on visitor behavior (e.g. the pages you view most often) to optimize the usability of the website.
- Advertising cookies are used to follow browsing behavior over a longer period of time across various websites. These cookies build individual user profiles according to their interests. Based on these interests, the content of the advertisements on our website will be adapted for different visitor groups.
- Social cookies are used to enable logged in users of selected social media sites to directly share content from this website.
Because of how the Internet and websites work, it is possible that we may have missed a cookie that is placed by a third party on our website. If you happen to find one that is not listed above, please let us know.
How do I reject and delete cookies
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). The links below will take you directly to information about these browsers.
You may also visit www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.allaboutcookies.org for details on how to remove cookies of specific parties and for further information on cookies generally. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects of the website. If you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the website.